Free Estimates!

Phone: (941)-755-5703  |  Email: info@eco-lectric.com

Eco-Lectric is making a positive difference in the lawn care industry. We use electric equipment and organic products to offer a professional service at a quality price, so you can afford to "Go Green."

Go Green with Eco-Lectric

Contact us today!

Phone: (941)-755-5703

Email: info@eco-lectric.com

Image not available

Eco-Lectric is making a positive difference in the lawn care industry. We use electric equipment and organic products to offer a professional service at a quality price, so you can afford to "Go Green."

Go Green with Eco-Lectric

Contact us today!

Phone: (941)-755-5703

Email: info@eco-lectric.com

Image not available

Eco-Lectric is making a positive difference in the lawn care industry. We use electric equipment and organic products to offer a professional service at a quality price, so you can afford to "Go Green."

Go Green with Eco-Lectric

Contact us today!

Phone: (941)-755-5703

Email: info@eco-lectric.com

Image not available

Pesticide-Application-Sign-S-4953

The Dangers of Chemical Pesticides

[arrow_list]

Many chemical pesticides are known to contain carcinogens which are cancer causing agents. According to the Cancer Health Effects of Pesticides: Systematic Review “most studies on non-Hodgkin lymphoma and leukemia showed positive associations with pesticide exposure” and thus concluded that cosmetic use of pesticides should be decreased. Strong evidence also exists for other negative outcomes from pesticide exposure including the neurological and endocrine systems, birth defects, fetal death,and neurodevelopmental disorder. According to The Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, 9 of the 12 most dangerous and persistent chemicals are pesticides. Do you really want your children and pets playing in these types of harmful chemicals? Eco-Lectric uses all natural methods to keep lawn and garden pests away, while protecting your health and creating a beautiful landscape.

For more information on how pesticides are harmful, check out the documentary “A Chemical Reaction- Keep off the lawn!” By Dr. June Irwin. Watch the trailer here- A Chemical Reaction- Documentary Trailer

The EPA estimates that only 2 percent of pesticides reach the target pest; the other 98% volatizes in the air, hits unintended targets, forms runoff, or leaches into the groundwater.

Broad spectrum chemical pesticides often kill every single organism in the soil, even the beneficial ones. Lawns will become dependent on chemicals and require frequent fertilization and pesticide use.  Chemical pesticides are killing bees, which are vitally important for pollination. No bees = no food! They are also killing the wild bird population. Birds control the bug population. Some bugs carry disease to humans and other animals. Others infest our gardens, necessitating more aggressive pest control. It’s a vicious cycle.

[arrow_list]

eco-friendly-green-concepts-and-projects-that-work-980x1024

All-Natural Pesticides

-At Eco-Lectric, we use “Best Management Practices” to produce a healthy, pest-free lawn. If pests are a problem, we use natural and organic products that address the underlying problem by spot treating the affected area. By doing this, we avoid whole lawn applications keeping the beneficial organisms intact. 

-We do not want to contribute to non-point source pollution, so we use integrated pest management to fix the problem and control the unwanted pest.

-Extensive research and testing has given us the ability to treat harmful pest with natural and organic products, keeping the ecosystem in balance.

Leave a Reply